Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why don't I blog more??



Honestly, every time I get on to post a blog I get caught up in reading/enjoying everyone else's blog and admiring so much creativity that I just end up not posting to my own. I think the only reason I'm writing now is that I'm supposed to be preparing a lesson for Sunday but have chosen to procrastinate instead. The lesson just isn't coming together. I have too many thoughts and too many subjects and I can't get a common theme.

Here's the topic: How does the Lord teachings in 3 Ne 11-18 relate to our lives and specifically our calling as Visiting Teachers. The time span during those 8 chapters is only 1 day however He teaches so much. My mom brought up a good point-every other calling in the church ends-bishop, 5yrs., RS Pres 2-3 yrs, etc., however when we turn 18 we are called as a VT and are never released! Why? Does it take us that long to get it right, to understand the importance/significance? I do believe it is a celestial calling, it won't end with this lifetime.

Do you turn off when you hear lessons about VT? If so, why? For me, I turn off when I hear lessons or talks about missionary work. I just do, I have never heard a talk that I've walked away wanting to do missionary work. I'm worried that's how my ladies will feel about this one.

So anyways-that is what I'm struggling with tonight. How to make this 35 minutes about VT worthwhile to the sisters in my ward. I'd better bring chocolate.

On a lighter note, my boys are adorable. Incredibly tiring, but adorable. Will is crawling and climbing like crazy. He's so busy. Joel is growing up, saying "probably" in every sentence he comes up with, folding his arms and giving me a sass look, and getting cuter everyday. I'm still working for the Pediatric Dentist one day a week and really enjoying it. Other than that I clean the house make dinner and meet needs. Can life get any better?

No comments: