I am somewhat of a good cook. I put dinner on the table most nights, and most nights it tastes good. However there are 2 things I never get right. It's somewhat of a joke in the house and I am totally fine with it. One is rice (thank heavens for the new microwave in a bag stuff) and the other is chocolate chip cookies. No matter what I do they are always thin super greasy and way too crunchy. Well...this past month I have had 9 families move into the ward....NINE! I have 6 babies due within 3 weeks (2 moms on bedrest) and there were 5 babies in August, 2 of those babies have been in the NICU with flu/menigitis issues. I won't even go into the surgeries and unemployment we've had. It's been a busy month for a little RS Pres. and there is no sign of it slowing down. So today I wanted to get out and meet some of these new sisters but knew I would also have my kids, since Jake went into work. I wanted to take something with me so it wouldn't be so akward to show up on their doorstep. BUT..my history of cookies is shady. So I literally prayed to Heavenly Father for help. I told him I needed these cookies to turn out. Needles to say, CHECK THESE BABIES OUT! These sisters have no idea how lucky they were to receive these.
6 comments:
you are the best relief society president ever. and, it is true...we do our part, and He will make up the difference :). glad i looked at you today, you made me smile!
Just so you know, I'll take your cookie rejects any time!
Also, feel free to delegate. I'd love to help you when I can. I'm just over here in my own little bubble.
I wish I were there – I’m really good at eating cookies and those look fabulous. I’m glad they turned out so well. The sisters really are lucky, not because of the cookies, but because they have YOU!
They look amazing! You are amazing! Mother to TWO little boys, wife and rs pres. You are my hero!
I bet you are the best RS president ever.
ps the link to the chili recipe is in my post :)
Post a Comment