Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Wiwum!

Jake and I agree it can only go up from here in the birthday party department for little William. After a morning of full blown tantrums, whining, party preparations and shopping we had all had it with one another. But we rallied, put our party faces on and decided to give it a "go."

Party started great. Kids were happy, new pool toys and lots of snacks. But then it just all started going DOWnhill. Jake couldn't get the food to cook on the Bar B and the dark clouds started rolling in. I kept telling myself that it would just roll right over because I needed it to. It didn't. 20 minutes into the party there was a downpour. The food...soggy. Towels and kids....soggy. So we all ran up to our apartment, a very messy one might I add, and tried to pull it together. I cooked kebabs on my stove and pulled out food from the fridge. Luckily I didn't bring the cake down so that was still salvagable. Poor kid. Good thing he won't remember a thing.



A few things about William: If you call him William, he'll growl at you and say his name is Will. If you call him Will, he'll growl at you and say his name is William pronounced Wiwum. He's feisty and grumpy and way too smart for his mother. But he is funny and can quote a movie after he's seen it only once. We'll keep him one more year.

1 comment:

SB said...

You are such a trooper! I bet no one could even tell that you were stressed. You are such a classy lady. I can't believe how big "Wiwum" is getting! We sure do miss you guys!