Friday, March 1, 2013

What I learned from my daughter this morning.

The house was quiet.  The morning rush was over and the boys were away at school.  I was changing Isla and getting her dressed for the day.  The messy part was over and as I reached for an outfit to put on I noticed her tickling her fingertips up and down her torso.  A little smile danced on her lips and goosebumps rose on her skin.  She was delighted by the feeling.  She was discovering how good her skin felt.  I realised how wonderful a gift our bodies are.  The simple joy of feeling and discovering our senses.  Our bodies are divine and are gifts.  We, especially as women, need to LOVE our bodies.  This is not an excuse to shove gross amounts of sweets or colas into them, but we need to appreciate and love what God has given us.  Love our skinniness or our curves.  Love our flatness or our faluptuous front sides.  We are beautiful because we exist.

1 comment:

SB said...

I love this!!!! Thanks for the lesson, Isla!