Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Deer!

We had a Valentine's Party with our play group today. The kids had a blast, and the girls had fun too. Joel, do you want some cookie with those sprinkles?
All boys! Our playgroup consists of 5 boys and 1 girl. I am constantly surrounded by boys. I don't have too many complaints. :)


Jake was backing out of the garage on his way to work when he looked over his shoulder and saw deer in the driveway. Holy cow. Deer? I'm so glad I do this blog thing, because I immediately thought to grab the camera, otherwise I never would have. They were beautiful! Probably looking for food. My friends told me later that there has been so much growth out here and so quickly that there is still a large population of deer, but no food.

6 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

Wow! We've had a few deer sightings in our yard at times, and it's usually pretty exciting for the boys. Playgroup looks like a lot of fun. Joel, that's my kind of cookie! :)

Matt and Jayna said...

Hey Melissa! I was so excited to find your blog through the Watkins! It's fun to see pictures of your boys! They are getting so big and cute! Ours is hedgesfam.blogspot.com if you ever get bored. :0) Glad to see you are doing well, and that's crazy about the deer!!
-Jayna

The Morley's said...

Mel- I'm so happy you have a blog. I just found it today because your emails go to my old email I don't check very often (I had 469 emails when I checked it this morning, mostly all junk.) Your boys are beautiful. I need to come and meet them soon! I'll email you my new email address that I check everyday.

Stephanie said...

I CANNOT wait to see "Baby Joel"....guess maybe I'll have to adopt a new name for him...how about "Joel Boy" :)

susan bunker said...

Melissa! You have your very own deer??? How do you rate that? I'm so excited to finally know about your blog. Why didn't I get an email? Thanks Janae, now I have all the girls :).

Mark and JaNae Barrow Family said...

We love you Joel! We are so proud of you! He looks like he is ready for kindergarten...

Looks like you might need a get away to LV to thaw out...

All our Love from PHX2HOT!