Tuesday, September 1, 2009

homemade laundry soap

At our last enrichment we each received a baggie of this stuff and I love it! I am addicted to the way my clothes smell now and my kids clothes are clean again!

1 cup borax (stain remover, brightens clothes, freshens laundry, water conditioner
1 cup washing soda-not baking soda. You can find it in the laundry soap isle in the grocery store. I couldn't find it at Walmart though. (increases cleaning power, cuts through grease, eliminated odors)
1 bar fels naptha soap, grated heavy duty stain remover
Use 1 tb for small loads and 2 tb for large loads. It is low sudsing, so it can be used in front loading washers. You can add ½ c Clorox II bleach for colors for a booster, optional

4 comments:

Mark and JaNae Barrow Family said...

Grandma Lucy loved fels naptha soap! I didn't know you could buy it anymore! Who said you weren't a Pioneer Woman!! Pull that handcart!! LV Grandma

Mark and JaNae Barrow Family said...

I am totally going to try this!!!! Can we use it in our fancy washing machines????

Meliss said...

Yes, it's low sudsing so it's safe. I found all the ingredients at smiths, in the laundry soap isle.

Karry said...

So domestic. I'm so proud.