I remember molasses in my house growing up. I think it's the only kind of cookie my mom would let us eat. These Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies have a full 1/2 cup of molasses, but they are DELISH! I've made them twice and twice I've gone off my diet to indulge. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cup plus 1 T flour
1 1/4 ts ground ginger
1 ts. ground cinnamon
1/3 ts. nutmet
1 T cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 stick butter, boom temp
1 T grated peeled ginger
1/2 cup molasses
1 ts baking soda
1 1/2 ts. boling wtaer
7 oz. semi sweet chocolate, cut into chunks
1/4 cup sugar
1. LIne two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cocoa. In an electric mixer beat butter and fresh ginger for 4 min. Add brown sugar, beat until comgined. Add molasses, beat until combined.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve baking soa in boiling water. Beat half of flour mixture into butter mixture. Beat in baking soda mixture, then remaining half of flour mixutre. Mix in chocolate, tun onto plastic wrap, and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Pat out to a 1 inch thickness, seal with wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325. Separate dough into 24 equal parts and roll into balls placing 2 inches apart. Chill 20 min. Roll in granulated sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes until surfaces just begin to crack.
YUM! I would post a picture, but they're all gone.
1 comment:
Those were delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Post a Comment