Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love/Hate




Running is all in the mind. My sister is running a half marathon in April a couple of days after she turns 30. She asked me to run the 5K that same day. I hate running. I tried track in high school and dropped out after 2 weeks. I start running and then my mind tells me to stop so I obey. But I wanted to run with her so I looked up a "How to run a 5K" and started with .25 miles. Today I ran 2 miles and I felt good. I actually thought, I Love running. I love how it makes my skin feel and I love how it motivates me to eat well, for atleast 2 hours afterwards. How can we love and hate something at the same time?

Jake was offered a job in Australia this week. I love the idea of moving to Australia. It's an incredible opportunity for Jake, and it would be cool for the kids and I. But at the same time I hate the idea of moving to Australia. I already deeply miss my family and the events that life brings. It's not official, they are still putting together offers and paperwork so he has not accepted the job, be we are seriously considering it.

How can you hate/love something at the same time?

5 comments:

Karry said...

Australia? That would be so fun. I would definitely come visit you. Is the job project-based or long term? If project-based, I would totally go. I would be more hesitant to accept something long term because that would be too hard. But what an exciting offer – keep us posted.

As for running, it’s therapeutic for me. I love it….up to five miles. After that, it’s torture.

SB said...

I have a love/hate relationship with shows like the Bachleor, and shopping at Walmart. But I haven't learned to love running yet, and I HATE the idea of you moving to Australia!

Anonymous said...

I still feel the same about running but I find the pros out weigh the cons. I HATE getting up in the morning and I HATE running in the cold. But I LOVE the way my calves look and I LOVE rocking out to music while running.
As for Australia, I HATE the thought of you leaving, too. But it would be such a cool adventure and our family is eternal. It doesn't matter where you are, we will always be together and always loving you. Plus, we would definetly make a trip there and you can come to CA in the summers.

Stephanie said...

HATE running unless it's a memory...like running the Villages loop at 5 a.m.--then I LOVE it. HATE the idea of you moving to Australia especially since I'm on the brink of moving to Utah. I totally get you though!

susan bunker said...

I loved this post! I haven't checked you out in a while! Sadie told me about Australia today...my goodness. What an experience! I am excited to know more. Enlighten us :).

Congratulations on 2 miles and loving it! I'm so proud of you! Way to go!

I love you!