Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He Gets Better With Age

Joel with cousin Sophie at 2 months

Joel, Josh, Sam & Sophie at Andrew & Emily's wedding. 18 mo.
Joel at 2 years.


Swimming lessons in Utah. Joel wouldn't stay on the steps so he'd always be put in time out by his teacher. :)



Joel at 2 1/2 the Christmas after his baby brother was born.

Joel in his cowboy boots and sweats.



Joel at 4.

Joel turns 5 tomorrow. As I was tucking him in tonight I felt an overwhelming love for him from me but also from his Heavenly Father. He is a very special spirit sent to accomplish an important mission. Jake and I have always said, "this kid will either end up one incredible leader or ....he'll end up in jail." :) As you all know (I didn't try to hide it, did I?) it took me awhile to be grateful for this child, but now I love him more than words can say. I'm so glad he's in my life.
Soon to come....pictures from the "party of the world."









4 comments:

Karry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karry said...

He’ll be an incredable leader or he’ll end up in jail – that's funny. I love your humor and honesty Melissa! I can’t believe little Joel is five.

The Henrich Family said...

happy birthday Joel, we love you!

Mark and JaNae Barrow Family said...

Oh, our Joel
He is a delightful, funny, insightful soul!~
He helps any party come alive
Today we celebrate that he is FIVE~
**********************************
Don't we ALL get better with age little Mother Melissa(:

I Love You. Reno Grandma