Monday, July 5, 2010

Australia. Week 1

Mom in front of Sydney Opera house, Circular Quay
Walking through Castle Hill Reserve (they call it the bush)

Joel, desperate for dress up clothes to be a cowboy
The fam at Manly Beach
Ready for church, standing on our balcany.

We've been here ONE week and it has felt like a year. This week we
-took a 14 hour plane ride with 2 boys
-got 8 pieces of luggage onto 2 carts
-were introduced to our new car and new home
-bought and put together a kitchen table
-bought everything you need to run a kitchen
-bought a new couch
-bought a million other things you need in a house (it really is tiring to buy a lot of stuff.)
-found a preschool and school for Joel
-found and joined the library
-figured out the to get a phone and internet
-explored Manly Beach, and figured out how to drive there
-learned how to drive on the left side of the road, and which way to look when crossing an intersection
-found some amazing parks near our house
-cried some, laughed some
-felt intense gratitude for the help of my mother, could not have done it without her
Busy week. I have had lots of emotions. Overall I'm grateful for my blessings and feel happy here. Not to mention that I really miss everything about America, there is no place like it. BUT I can be happy here, I know it. What will happen this week?

5 comments:

Helen said...

love seeing the pics. what an adventure! hope you love it there.

Amy said...

What a fun experience!. You have guts, girl!!!

very cute blog.

Tianna said...

I've been checking your blog anxiously waiting to hear from you. I miss you and your friendship! Glad to hear things are going well. Keep blogging!
Brittany

susan bunker said...

you have arrived and survived! you look beautiful ready for church. were you wearing a ski parka at the beach? what's up with that!? we love you and look forward to hearing more! hang in there!

Jill said...

I can't wait to see all the wonderful adventures you have down under. How are you enjoying the winter and the other crazy things living on the other side of the world?