Monday, July 19, 2010

Life is life wherever you are

I have lost my camera! I retraced all my steps over the past week and have not come across it. Usually I don't sweat it when I lose something because eventually it all comes around, but I am really sad about this one. I have some really great photos on there. Since I last wrote my mom went back to the U.S. It was a pretty sad day for me to see her go but I was just so grateful that she was here. I could not have done it without her.

I signed Joel up for swim lessons. The swim lessons we are used to are really more social then learning how to swim. The kids bob up and down on the stairs waiting for their turn to swim with the teacher, lots of games are played and lots of time is wasted. NOT HERE. From the minute Joel jumped in the pool to the second he got out, he was working his booty off. She would not tolerate any goofing off or misused time. It was hilarious to see Joel trying to adjust!

We have found a couple of amazing spots that we love. (Insert picture here.) One is a beach down south near Wollagong. MUCH slower pace of life, gorgeous views and a huge blowhole off the beach. We also found Fagan Park near our house with gardens from each area of the world. We are building a repotoire of favorite places to take guests!

What I have learned the past 2 weeks: Life continues as normal whether you are in the U.S. or around the world. I still clean toilets, still make dinner, still pick up toys and put little boys in time out. Life really hasn't changed. I DO appreciate my husband more, look forward to seeing him more. I DO appreciate my little boys more and enjoy them. Because for the time being they are all I have!

2 comments:

Mark and JaNae Barrow Family said...

How did you get beauty and wisdom in the same little package. The party is where you are little cupcake; for now, the party is in Australia. I miss you and your boys. Hugs, Reno Drama

susan bunker said...

there is something very sweet about being there "together" i think! i am so proud of you! you and your family are pretty special!