Monday, September 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. My sister came to visit last week. I dropped her off at the train station last Thursday and cried all the way home. It was VERY good to see her. I love how happy she is being a mom and how much she enjoys her kids.
2. I'm busy trying to find doctors for everyone. Most importantly for me, because I would like to have another baby. BUT socialized medicine is ridiculous and you can't get into any specialist without a referral from a general practitioner. So a doctor needs to tell me that I have to see a gynecologist to remove my IUD, even though we're paying cash and don't qualify for medicare. Don't get me started, it makes my blood boil.
3. Joel started soccer last night. I love watching him run up and down the field. He has such a tight, strong little body. A lot of potential energy caught up in that body. I'm glad he has a release.
4. Will has become even more terrible two than I could imagine. It has to be his way on his time schedule. He doesn't know who he's messing with.
5. Joel asked last night during FHE how Heavenly Father talks to us. "I've never heard him, Mom." Jake shared a story when Heavenly Father had spoken to him. We felt the Spirit and it was really sweet. And then Jake had to spank Will and put him to bed because he wouldn't obey. Reality.
6. I think I'll start doing Five on Friday instead because I can't think of 10 things. Love to you all. I miss America!

5 comments:

The Henrich Family said...

we were so happy for our phonecall the other day. Sorry it's taken so long to do that. We love you guys. Good luck with the DR mess. And, don't you love FHE when it's so wonderful, and then so bad all within a few minutes. That's life for ya. Love your idea of 10 on Tues!

Mark and JaNae Barrow Family said...

I love your family home evening story! Feel the Spirit and then reality! Gotta love it! You are amazing and your children are blessed because of you! How lucky they are to have you as their mother! Keep updated...even the little things that you think are boring! LOVE YOU FROM USA!

susan bunker said...

melissa - i love you! i loved your ten on tuesday! :) you are such a warrior, doing such a good job so far from home. you are always on my mind! keep up the good work little mama, will will grow out of the terrible twos before you know it. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh Melisa....I do adore you! I wish I could call you and we could spend the devil's hours (4-6 p.m.) together watiing for our hubby's to come home from work! Somehow those horrific moments mothering Deklan at age 2 are overshadowed by your friendship! Miss you!

Karry said...

I'm laughing. Hang in there girl. Time passes quickly. I love you!