Monday, September 6, 2010

Sydney Opera House Fieldtrip





A few weeks ago Joel's preschool class took a field trip to see a children's performance at the Sydney Opera House. I signed up to chaperone because it seemed like an event that could not be missed. I dropped William off at a friend's house and Joel and I boarded a bus and headed downtown. We stopped at the Botanic Gardens for "morning tea" a.k.a. snack time and then walked across the street for the performance. The conductor had put music to 5 children's stories while the narrator read, and acted out the stories. So well done and adorable! Had the children's and my attention the entire time. Then we went back to the park for lunch (these kids are always snacking/eating) and headed home. It was a great day. These 2 kids seem to be Joel's main sidekicks at school. Jeremiah (isn't he adorable, I love his curls) and Alexandra. Alexendra LOVES to tease Joel. The entire day she kept flipping up his hat. Cute little girl

2 comments:

Darren and Natalie said...

How amazing! Wow, a trip to the fire station was as cool as it got for my kiddos preschool.
What a treat.

susan bunker said...

melissa- i am just so proud of you! you are totally embrassing australia and your children are adorable! thanks for letting me read about what you are up to! i am loving it! :)