Monday night 7pm: Planning meeting. Dad is away on business. We decide to take a mini vacation to Darling Harbor, downtown Syndey. We draw a map, make lists of supplies and pack our lunchbox.
Tuesday morning 7:45 am: Leave the house to catch the 9:05 ferry from Meadowbank to Darling Harbor. GPS says it is a 20 min. drive. Get stuck in traffic. I remember how much I hate living in a big city. Remember to never drive during rush hour.
9:15: Miss the ferry. Decide to take advantage of the time and throw rocks in the water.
9:25: Catch an alternate ferry into Circular Quey and then catch another ferry to Darling Harbor. Getting tired, a little frustrated. Dealing with Will's tantrums.
11:05: Arrive at Darling Harbor! Hooray. Feel like turning back and going home. But realize what an amazing place it is and to put the commute behind and look forward to the possibilities of the day.
11:10: Buy season pass to Sydney Aquarium & Wildlife Museum. Am amazed at the giant stingrays and sharks. Great place. (It's got nothing on Atlanta's aquarium though. That place is still THE coolest aquarium ever.)


12:00: Take a lunch break. Enjoy the food and sunshine outside.

12:30: A little stop in the park with an icecream cone. I think this was their favorite part of the day.
1:05: IMax theatre for Dinosaur Roar. The kids kept reaching out to touch the dinosaurs. Will fell asleep.
2:00: Quick stop into the Wildlife Zoo. Pet the kangaroos. Found out they eat grass, carrots, celery. Only males in the zoo since when there are females around they start to box for competition. Joel thought that would have been cool to see.

See one of the largest crocs in the world.

2:30 Walk across the bridge to catch the ferry back to Meadowbank. Find out it's back where we were. Take a train ride back so we don't miss our ferry again.3:25: Make our ferry! Arrive back to our car. Found out we left a window rolled down. Say a silent prayer of thanks that our car and all the belongings in the car are still there!
5:05: Arrive home with 2 sleeping boys. Carry them in. Eat leftovers. Take baths, jibbies and watch show. Collapse in bed. Fun vacation! Will need tomorrow to recoup.
5 comments:
What a jam packed day! You are such an awesome Momma. I love that you're embracing where you are.
You are HILARIOUS. I was laughing out loud reading your post and the boys were wondering what I was looking at. You are so much braver than I ever was in a large city! I think the most daring place we wondered out to was the park less than a mile away. Way to wear your kids out instead of the other way around! :)
WOW! SO FUN. lots of adventures!
Way to brave the city and a day with your little men by yourself! It's hard when it doesn't work exactly the way we want, but it is so worth the journey! I am glad the Lord blessed you and your car was untouched.
What a fun day - I'm jealous. Can I come visit? I miss you!
Post a Comment